Hobo - the web app builder for Rails
Hobo is an Open-Source project that makes development with Rails even faster than it already is. It features:
- A template engine that extends Rails' standard ERB templates with user-defined tags
- A powerful library of pre-defined tags for knocking up ajaxified data-driven sites in a snap
(lots still to do — help us)
- Smart support for ajax - easily re-render fragments of your page without extracting them into partials
- Themes - stick to Hobo's conventions and your apps will be themeable out of the box. We'll have some nice themes for you too!
- A flexible generic controller - write your controllers with just a few declarations
- Some ActiveRecord extensions to help stitch it all together
Building a classifieds site Screencast here.
Building a ToDo app zip bundle here.
I know I got kind of excited when streamlined came out, but I think this looks promising and worth watching for a while.
Good work Tom!